Who are the original inhabitants of Iraq The Republic of Iraq is an Arab country, one of the countries of the Middle East and located in western Asia? It also overlooks the eastern part of the Arabian Gulf. It includes 18 governorates, and 19 de facto, and the capital of Iraq is Baghdad, the oldest and oldest capital in history, and the population of Iraq is in Kurdish, Gahli Iraq. Iraq is also ranked 36th among the countries of the world in terms of population. It also precedes Afghanistan, which has a population of 38,928.346 million. While it is followed by Ukraine, which has a registered population of about 43,733.762 million people. And we will review this article.
Who are the original inhabitants of Iraq?
The original inhabitants of Iraq are actually the Marsh dwellers (Madan) and the Assyrians. As confirmed by the International Working Group on Indigenous Affairs, which is one of the international human rights organizations, which is concerned with defending the rights of indigenous peoples in the world. This was also in a report presented by the British BBC News Network, on Saturday, August 10, 2019. While the inhabitants of the marshes settle in the marshes region in southern Iraq. In fact, their numbers have decreased dramatically in recent decades. Especially after what the Iraqi marshlands witnessed, during drying operations. This has caused the indigenous Marsh people to lose their livelihoods and threaten their livelihoods, on which their unique way of life depends. While still to this day, they suffer the brunt of the unjust and unfair rulings against them. At a time when there is no legislation or laws that preserve their rights and protect them.
Information about the indigenous people of Iraq
After defining who the original inhabitants of Iraq are, we provide the following information regarding these peoples, in terms of their history and present, as follows:
- The official of the Assyrian Democratic Movement, in the Australian city of Sydney, gave the Australia Today program, Mr. Emmanuel Sada, information about the original Assyrian people in Iraq, saying: “The Assyrian component, which is descended from the ancient Assyrians, are a Semitic people in Iraq. Also, their homeland is the ancient kingdom of Assyria. And they spoke the Aramaic language, which is Syriac, one of the dialects of the Akkadian language.”
- And Mr. Sada added: “Unfortunately, the Assyrians are an ethnic minority, after their number exceeded one and a half million people, due to the conditions we live in in the countries of the Middle East. Especially in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon. Which led to the migration of this component.”
- He also added: “The unsuccessful policies in Iraq, the lack of the rule of law, and the feeling of insecurity called for a demand to preserve this component in Iraq. We need a guarantee to survive, to live continually in Iraq.”
- As for the Assyrians, they are one of the indigenous peoples who inhabited the region, and established a great civilization there.
- The Assyrians settle today, in Iraq, Syria, Turkey, and Iran. In fact, they have suffered in recent decades from the consequences of the violence and the security and political turmoil that Iraq experienced during the American invasion of Iraq in 2003 AD. While their number exceeded one and a half million people, it has now decreased to a quarter of a million people.
- According to what was stated in the previous report, this group of the indigenous population of Iraq suffers from neglect, marginalization, and racial discrimination by successive governments in the region.
- Throughout their history, the Assyrians have been subjected to large-scale mass killings and genocide, especially in the aftermath of World War I in Turkey. And there are only a few thousand left of them to settle in the eastern regions of Turkey. While their numbers do not exceed 50,000 people.
Returning to the original population of Iraq, it should be noted that the population of Iraq in 2021 is estimated at 41,179,351 million people. This number constitutes about 0.52% of the total world population. The total. The population of Iraq has also increased from the previous year by about 710 people. While the number of newborns was recorded at 3.7 births per woman. Iraqi. While the infant mortality rate was about 21.1 deaths for every 1,000 new births. The average age in Iraq ranges between 71-and 80 years. The population of Iraq speaks two official languages: Arabic and the Kurdish language, based on the Iraqi constitution, which was re-established, and the percentage of the population who speak Arabic is estimated at about 85% of the population. While the proportion of those who speak Kurdish is estimated at 8% of the population. A large percentage speak English. In Iraq, there are ethnicities. Other languages are spoken, such as the Turkmen language, Arabic, and the Eastern Aramaic language, in addition to the Armenian and Chaldean languages.
The age groups of Iraqi society
In our research about who are the original inhabitants of Iraq, and to provide the answer to how many people will live in Iraq in the year 2021? What is the number of the male population of Iraq in 2021? It is estimated at 19,261.253 million males. While the number of females is estimated at 18,862.929 million females. And the following is the percentage of the age groups of the Iraqi people, as follows:
- The age group of 15 years and under: they constitute 45% of the total population of Iraq. And their number reached about 15,428,032 million.
- And the age group from 16-64 years: they constitute 55% of the total population of Iraq.
The population of the Iraqi provinces
Because the original population of Iraq is the Assyrians and the Marshes, we present the following number of the population of Iraq’s governorates in 2021:
- Baghdad: the largest city in Iraq and the capital, with a population of about 8,318,000 million. Its area is estimated at 4.555 thousand square kilometers.
- Nineveh: Its population is about 3,793,000 million. Its area is estimated at 37,323 square kilometers.
- Basra: Its population is about 2,772,000 million. Its area is estimated at 19,070 square kilometers.
- Sulaymaniyah: Its population is about 2,212,000 million. Its area is estimated at 17,023 square kilometers.
- Dhi Qar: Its population is about 2,132,000 million. Its area is estimated at 12,900 square kilometers.
- Babylon: Its population is about 2,093,000 million. Its area is estimated at 5,119 square kilometers.
- Erbil: Its population is about 1,896,000 million. Its area is estimated at 15,074 square kilometers.
- Al- Anbar: Its population is about 1,796,000 million. Its area is estimated at 5,119 square kilometers.
- Diyala: Its population is about 1,660,000 million. Its area is estimated at 17,685 square kilometers.
- Baquba: Its population is about 1,260,000 million. Its area is estimated at 9,679 square kilometers.
- Kirkuk: Its population is about 615,000 thousand. Its area is estimated at 24,751 square kilometers.
- Tikrit Its population is about 1,500,000 million. Its area is estimated at 28,824 square kilometers.
- Al- Muthanna: Its population is about 824,000. Its area is estimated at 51,740 square kilometers.
From all of the above, we have clarified who are the original inhabitants of Iraq, who are the Assyrians, and, the Ma’adan Marsh, who are of Semitic origins, dating back to a great civilization that arose in the East. It had tours and tours in ancient history, thanks to the achievements of its kings. In the forefront of the Assyrian Bani Baal. Who witnessed the Assyrian civilization in the era of its golden age.